Beauty Blender VS Real Techniques

Beauty Blender VS RT Sponge // Beauty Blender Review // Real Techniques Review // RT Sponge // Beauty Sponge // Beauty Blender

Everyone owns/uses/have used a beauty blender when it comes to applying your make up. It seems like every brand is trying to create their own and for them to be more popular than the Beauty Blender themselves. I’ve always been a RT Beauty Blender type of girl, and that’s because they’re super cheap (Tkmaxx sell them as a set of 2 for £7.99) and also because they do what they’re suppose to do! The Beauty Blender itself retails for a lot more with a pricey tag of £16.00 in Boots. Where a beauty sponge should be replaced after every few months, for £16.00 just for one – it’ll be a pricey make up tool. I in fact, love to use beauty blenders for different reasons. I have ones for foundation, concealer, cream contour, setting powder and even primers sometimes. So the shape of the two sponges are different, but the size is very similar. The Beauty Blender is slightly smaller than the RT Sponge. The Beauty Blender is in a shape of an egg with a pointed top, which makes it easier to get into the smaller/tighter areas and the rounded sides for the larger areas. Then with the RT Sponge you have the rounded sides again for the larger areas, with the flat edge being perfect for the more ‘careful’ areas. Like I said before, I like to use my sponges dry ~ however when dampened, the sponges both expand. For the touch, the RT Sponge is a lot more dense and doesn’t feel so soft as the Beauty Blender. I find that the Beauty Blender also doesn’t absorb as much product as the RT Sponge does, however not by much. They both blend out foundation really easily onto the skin and leaves my skin looking flawless. For the price of each beauty blender, I would repurchase both. I’ve been reaching for the Beauty Blender a whole lot more than the RT sponge, however I would only buy a Beauty Blender for my foundation purpose. I’ll still continue to pick up RT Sponges for other make up purposes. I’ve been using RT Sponges since I can remember, however the Beauty Blender is a little more comfortable with applying foundation and it’s pink. I’m interested to see how long the Beauty Blender will last me, as I do get a lot of months out of the RT Sponges and they clean up really well. After four months, the sponge does eventually look like it’s had it’s time, but for the price of RT Sponges – I’d buy them again and again without any second thoughts. I think Beauty Blender sponges are totally worth the £16.00 price tag if I was to buy one every couple of months. I can see what all the hype is about and would repurchase again. The RT Sponge is a cheaper alternative that has all the same benefits, and performs as good as the Beauty Blender. I previously wrote about the RT Sponge VS Eco Tools Sponge, so if you want to have a read of that then click here. Have you tried a Beauty Blender before? I cannot believe it takes me until now to actually try one out. What’s your favourite Beauty Sponge?

Shop your Beauty Sponge..

*The Beauty Blender was gifted, however all opinion and review is my own once tried and tested.*

Share:

14 Comments

1. Erin
    April 18, 2018 / 8:15 pm

I never know what to think of them, I want one, but it seems so much for a sponge. I do love the RT ones though they are incredible! 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

2. April 18, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I’ve Got to be honest I love them Both and I pick and Choose When I use each one, depending one which one is clean ha ha Although I feel like they have changed the RT ones they feel a bit harder. X

3. April 22, 2018 / 12:18 pm

I love and use both! The RT one is really good for baking because it has a flat edge x

• taylor
      Author
      April 23, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Yes i agree! I use RT for baking xx

4. Roxie Watt
    April 22, 2018 / 5:24 pm

I love the original Beauty Blender and sometimes I buy one for the odd treat but I feel guilty doing so when I could buy 2 of the RT ones!

Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

• taylor
      Author
      April 23, 2018 / 12:57 pm

Oh i know! I’m always tempted to treat myself to a new one as i love it so much, but i want to see how well they clean up xx

5. April 22, 2018 / 5:54 pm

I swear by my beauty blender, most foundations I use a brush so I most of the time just use my BB for my concealer but other sponges are just never as soft and bouncy so I can’t get along with them. I do however hate how easily the BB rips and stuff so I find it quite hard to clean, and I also hate spending £16 on one sponge when I feel like I need 3 but can’t justify the spend!

Ellie x

• taylor
      Author
      April 23, 2018 / 12:58 pm

I never ever use brushes for foundation, i just can’t seem to get them to work but maybe i should give that a try! Saves using so many beauty blenders xx

6. April 23, 2018 / 11:34 am

I love both of them but I reach more for the beauty blender now, but for the purpose of applying foundation and concealer only. I wish they weren’t so pricey though x

• taylor
      Author
      April 23, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Oh i totally agree! It’s heart breaking spending the money on a beauty blender when you can get cheaper alternatives! I just love how soft and bouncy they are xx

7. Antonia
    April 23, 2018 / 12:25 pm

I love them both, but beauty blender is better in my opinion. Fab pics x

• taylor
      Author
      April 23, 2018 / 12:59 pm

I agree and thank you!xx

8. Cole
    April 25, 2018 / 1:15 pm

I actually really love both of these! I need to pick myself up a new Beauty blender! xx

9. April 25, 2018 / 7:50 pm

The only blender i ever have used is the beauty blender and i stand by it!