3 High Coverage Concealers Worth Buying

When it comes to concealers, it’s pretty important that we add them into our little make up routine – right?

They are just so useful, and they can used for more than one thing.

You can cover the mountain, that’s decided to appear on your face.
You can cover any redness to your skin.
You can cover them bags under your eyes.
You can also use it to highlight your face, with contouring to give yourself a better complexion.
You can use it for giving your wing liner, that more sharped look.
You can use it also to cover any shitty mistakes you made with experiencing new make up looks. (Forever using it for this.)
You can also use it for the base of your eye shadow too, for those who don’t have any shadow primer.

NYX Professional Make Up Concealer Wand | Yes Wand. I cannot deal with a concealer that has no wand to apply it with. You apply it with the wand, and blend it with a beauty blender. I’m a no-go when it comes in little tubes. This is super light-weigh on the skin, and really brightens your face. When applied it doesn’t look cakey, and you can also add powder on top and still no looking like a birthday cake. It’s a medium to high coverage, but I’d categorise it in my high coverages of concealers. The only thing I will say is, they should have gone a shade or two lighter then what they have as their lightest, as it’s always about the lightest when it comes to concealer with my pale ass skin.

L’oreal True Match The One Concealer | This concealer comes in 14 shades, which is pretty good going for concealer. I also have the true match foundation in the shade Vanilla Rose, which is pretty light so I go for the Ivory concealer. (Two shades lighter.) Once applied, it instantly gives your eyes a more brighter look – although I do find it gives my eyes a little sting from the ingredients. It is enriched with a little caffeine, so this maybe why. However, it brightens the eye area and fights dark circles which I do have under my eyes a lot at the moment. It’s again, super lightweight on the skin and gives a really long lasting appearance. They also class this concealer a medium to high coverage, but it’s high enough to cover everything I’m wanting and doesn’t – once again get that cakey effect.

Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Concealer | This is my baby when it comes to concealer. My most favourite concealer ever, for it’s price and also for it’s coverage. (It’s pretty darn popular too.) They don’t have as many shades as they do with the Loreal concealer, but Fair 1 is my perfect shade. I even use this when I don’t apply foundation, and I just want to give my eyes a more brighter look. It blends into the skin so well, along with other foundations from other brands too. It’s really long lasting, and the coverage is amazing. It doesn’t crease and it gives my skin a matte/satin finish. All I will say is, when applying the product to the skin – work with it quickly as it does set really fast into the skin.

What’s your go to concealer? I’ve heard NARS is a goody also with Urban Decay?

Share:

26 Comments

1. September 24, 2017 / 7:39 pm

I have only tried the Collection one but you’ve really tempted me with the others! Might have to pop to NYX and pick that one up because it honestly sounds amazing! L’Oreal foundations have broken me out in the past but some of the concealers I’ve had have been fine, so maybe i’ll Give this one a go too!

• October 4, 2017 / 7:32 pm

I'd love to know how you get on with trying these concealers out! xx

2. September 24, 2017 / 9:19 pm

Ahh collection is my absolute favourite, along with everyone else in the beauty world haha! Haven't yet tried the other two but I have tried the Urban Decay Naked one and I've got to say I was a bit disappointed for the price and it smells super chemical too which is not what you want. Deffo stick with collection!
    Alice Xx

• October 4, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Ah no way! I've been wanting to try Urban decay concealer for such a long time!xx

3. September 25, 2017 / 6:37 am

Ooo I love a good high coverage concealer. I’ve heard such good things about the Nyx one so that’s top of my list on Drugstore concealers to try next! I wish the True Match formula by L’oreal worked for my oily skin!

Ellie x

• October 17, 2017 / 1:02 pm

NYX concealer is my most reached for at the mo xx

4. September 25, 2017 / 11:59 am

I use rimmel's wake me up concealer and find it's the only one to come close to coverin. My dark circles (better than touché eclat even) xx

• October 4, 2017 / 7:33 pm

I use to love the Wake me up concealer, I need to repurchase that one!

• October 4, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Totally! A lot of people find it difficult getting a shade pale enough xx

5. September 25, 2017 / 4:45 pm

I love high coverage concealer, that comes with a wand; I can't be doing with those squeezy tubes either. I love the sound of the L'Oréal one, but I'm not too sure about the stinging feel!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

• October 4, 2017 / 7:34 pm

It makes your eyes water when applied, but once it's all blended out it's totally fine. It's so strange xx

6. September 25, 2017 / 6:25 pm

I really want to try the true match but i'm scared of the stinging feeling x

• October 17, 2017 / 1:02 pm

I can't say I reach for it as much now, but the coverage is amazing xx

• October 17, 2017 / 1:03 pm

Me too! I want to try NARS and Urban Decay Naked concealer xx

7. September 26, 2017 / 9:17 am

Absolutely love Lasting Perfection – so affordable and easy to blend!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

• October 17, 2017 / 1:03 pm

Totally! I buy multiple at a time xx

8. September 26, 2017 / 12:04 pm

I love the NYX concealer, for me it lives up to the standard of the NARS which is perfect as it's far more affordable! x

Gemma Louise

• October 4, 2017 / 7:35 pm

That's so good to hear, I've been wanting to try out NARS concealer for a long time but maybe I'll save my money xx

9. September 27, 2017 / 3:06 pm

I've got the lasting perfection collection concealer but didn't really get on with it! I felt it dried my skin out and looked horrible under my eyes, I may give the NYX one ago and see if that suits my skin better! x

10. September 27, 2017 / 4:27 pm

I really hate that NYX concealer – I know a lot of people love it though ! It just doesn’t sit right on my skin.

Robyn xx

11. September 28, 2017 / 4:57 pm

These look great. I do love trying new concealers. I tried the collection one and liked it. I haven't tried the NYX one but looks intriguing.

Jackie | fashionxfairytale |